Back to Hopeful Monsters Main Page

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

This past Sunday was the much anticipated Portland Etsy Art & Craft Show. It was "squishalicious" as promised, but went really well. I got a really great parking spot (worth mentioning because of all my stuff to unload and the rain), got to meet Craft Couer's boyfriend who was wearing the narwhal shirt (the very first men's one at that!) and standing around talking to people about my stuff, saw a fellow who proclaimed himself to be "my biggest fan" which was much appreciated, and got to meet many fellow Etsy-iers from Portland (and the surrounding areas). All in all a good show.


In addition to Sunday being fun and all. I got guinea pigs on Friday! They're really adorable, though I'm still working on being able to pick them up without scaring both of us to death.


They are two years old, both little ladies, and need names. Just last night I moved them into the new cage I built for them, which is probably 4 times as large as the one they came in when we adopted them. I think its somewhere between 7 and 10 square feet. You can just see the black and white one in the cardboard box house in the middle.


*If you're sad you missed us this weekend, or just can't get enough and need to see us again, come to the Handmade Bazaar Dec. 10 at the Wonder Ballroom here in Portland. If you're going to shop for the holidays, why not buy handmade?

No comments: