Back to Hopeful Monsters Main Page

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I've spent the last few days obesessing and being upset about the postcard quality the printers has presented me with, and I am sick of it. (I can't wait for it to be resolved!)
Sooooo....instead, and as promised, new things I love!

Fatzilla and Fat Kong! (by Robin E. Kaplan)


I love it! I even got Fatzilla in a necklace!

And the girls from Robin's booth (one of whom was Robin I think...) were so sweet and excited about my slips. It made the day so nice to have such lovely people around!

Which also brings me to another very sweet girl whose name I've already forgotten...but not because she wasn't adorable and sweet as could be! I traded with her for an incredible feather fascinator:
Love it! It looks great and once it stops pouring rain every 10 minutes, I am going to get dolled up in it and go do something. I can't wait!

I also bought a fantastic present for my mom's birthday (Today! Happy Birthday!) but I don't want to give it away since she hasn't received the package yet. (Read: I haven't sent it yet. Yes, I am that person.)

Tonight Josh and I are heading over to a friend's house for corned beef, cabbage, and Irish car bombs.
Now, I had a conversation with some British friends not so long ago about the general inappropriateness of that name. Yes, we could also make a drink called 9-11, but for the life of me I can't figure out if there is a better name for the carbomb drink.
Any insight, send it my way! Maybe we could call them Irish Milkshake Booze Drink. Or, curdled cream, whiskey, and beer drink.

On the other hand...no one would be the least bit enticed by my names for drinks...so I guess we'll stick with it.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard them called 'irish lunchboxes' before which I like, and is for me much more Thundercats and My Little Ponies and much less political violence and death.
Hope the postcards got brighter for you Ami!

Amelia said...

Irish lunchboxes! That's much better!
And seriously, like we need more policital violence and death with our drinking!