Back to Hopeful Monsters Main Page

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Somehow I've found myself in the midst of a little shopping flurry this week.

Maybe it's the need to get out of the house, killing time waiting for the restaurant (where I went to work on taxes yesterday) to open, or just realizing I am in close vicinity to some store I haven't been to in ages.
But all excuses aside, this was a really successful shopping flurry!


I went to Target to find a folding table for craft shows - there is no telling how many folding tables I have bought that seem to disappear when I move! And....well, I got a cute strapless swim top for my honeymoon, a summer dress with pockets (dresses with pockets! must haves!), a pair of rather impractical but hot gray high heels (I've been dying for gray heels and for $20, well, I went for it), and Lip Smackers Vanilla Frosting lip gloss.




Now, Lip Smackers was the go-to lip gloss when I was age 8 through probably 14. My question is: Why did I stop using it? It's fantastic! Vanilla Frosting! A little sparkle! It doesn't leak in my purse! I am a re-convert.


It does seem like the selection is smaller than I remember. The local cosmetics corner store when I was a kid had nearly half an aisle devoted to Lip Smackers. Now, only a couple rows. Hmmph, maybe todays preteens are more sophisticated than I am even at 24!



While we're on the topic of shopping - most of you have probably heard of Mohop shoes. If not, go check them out! Or check out their Etsy shop. And the big news is, they are now HALF the price they were last year.

You know, last year when I bought them for my upcoming wedding.

But this hasn't soured my love for their new wedge style. And I do love ribbons.



Besides, they were worth it when I bought them, so that must mean they are DOUBLEY worth it now!



(Ha! Now that I've finished printing and doing my taxes I've managed to write an entire post about shoes and lipgloss....I promise this does not mean I am not working hard!)






1 comment:

Unknown said...

First of all, I love that you love shoes as much as I do. Second of all, I love your beaker candles to no end! Science, science everywhere! :)